Friday, April 9, 2010

another disney post.... part 2



the whole process was fascinating. disney is such an intense company and i was just still so freaked out that i actually was going through with it all. i was given my location (merchandise in DINOLAND, USA) (GAG ME NOW!!!) i was so sad when i was given that because it is like the trashy part of disney world. i then went to DAKlamation (animal kingdom orientation) and had about 4 or 5 days of training. i got trained on the registers and also in photo. photo is when you ride a ride and there is photo taken at the end. well i was the one who edited and sold the photos for dinosaur the ride. that was probably my favorite part of what i was going to be doing.

the first couple of weeks i absolutely HATED every minute of it. all of it. i would get really annoyed with my roommates. i was missing my friends SOOOO much and i couldn’t even put into words how much I missed my family, especially my parents and grandma. if i was at my apartment i was either asleep, watching tv or on the phone with someone from back home. i would cry every single night and was planning which day i would leave to go home for good. i also disliked dinoland. a lot. the people were all really weird and i couldn’t talk to anyone and i felt like my bosses were all fake and crazy. the weather was horrible (sooooo humid) and i hated the way i looked in my costume. they were absolutely horrible and unflattering and ugly. everything from back home was so much more appealing and everything I was going through just seemed that much worse. some days were better than others. i went shopping with my roommates a couple times and even once by myself and that was fun but the bad days seemed to outweigh the good ones.




one day, i had a really sad status on facebook (my only one actually) and bethany came home and said she saw my status and told me she felt the exact same way. and we decided then and there that we would do all we could to make our time worth it and start going to the parks and having a better time. that night we went to fantasmic.

while i was working one day, i checked my schedule and it said that i had training and epcot for the food and wine festival. i was actually pretty annoyed when i saw that because i was JUST getting used to dinoland and now they were sending me to epcot for something new.

so I finished my last days at dinoland and started epcot…. little did i know epcot would be EXACTLY what i needed to make my time more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment